- Over 30% of all patients suffer from some type of blepharitis symptoms.
- BlephExTM is a new, in-office procedure that allows your eye specialist to take an active role in treating blepharitis.
- BlephExTM reduces scurf and bacterial debris, the main causes of inflammatory lid disease, and improves the overall health of the eyelid.
- Patients will finally enjoy a life free from the chronic and irritating symptoms associated with blepharitis.
- The BlephExTM treatment is well tolerated and only takes a few minutes to perform.
- See your eye specialist for the latest in eyecare technology, and see if BlephExTM is right for you.
How BlephEx Works :
BlephExTM is a painless in-practice procedure performed by your Eyecare professional. A revolutionary new patented BlephExTM hand piece is used to very precisely and carefully, spins a medical grade micro-sponge along the edge of your eyelids and lashes, removing scurf and debris and exfoliating your eyelids.
The patented micro-sponge is disposable and a clean one is used for each individual eyelid so bacteria are not spread between the lids.
The eyes are rinsed well afterwards.
The procedure lasts about 6 -8 minutes and is well tolerated. Most patients simply report a tickling sensation. A numbing drop is usually placed in each eye prior to treatment for increased comfort.
After the procedure, the patient is instructed on how to maintain their clean eyelids with regular nightly lid hygiene. Since home treatments are only semi-effective, the procedure is typically repeated at 4-6 month intervals.
BlephExTM – Healthy Lids for Life!